Storage & Cooking
Grilled Oyster Brochettes Recipe
Grilled Oyster Brochettes
- 16 Oysters
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Spice mixture (¼ - ½ teaspoon)
- 16 Mushroom caps
- 4 Strips bacon
- 1 Red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Chopped parsley
- 4 Lemon wedges (optional)
- Spice mixture:
- Combine 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, ¼ ground white pepper, ¼ ground red pepper and ½ teaspoon dried oregano (enough for 4 brochettes).
- Drain oysters and sprinkle with lemon juice and the spice mixture. Using a skewer, place a mushroom cap on the end, then the end of the bacon strip, then the pepper square, then an oyster, then wrap the bacon around the oyster and pepper and onto the skewer again. Continue alternating as above. Brush with butter and broil over charcoal for 4 to 6 minutes, turning twice. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedge if desired.
- Note: Cooked brochettes can be served on frankfurter buns if desired. Brochettes may also be broiled in oven about 4 inches from heat 5 to 7 minutes.